Prevention and control of the disease is important to avoid the disease from spreading.
• Control the rodent population by using appropriate traps.
• Avoid eating raw or undercooked snails or slugs, which may be in vegetables or on fruits.
• Thoroughly wash and inspect fresh produce and vegetables, especially if eaten raw.
• Eliminate snails and slugs near houses and in the garden. Do not handle slugs/snails! With designated utility chopsticks or tongs.
• Dispose of snails and slugs in a solu-tion of 15% salt water in a container with tight fitting lid.