- Clean and inspect all fruits and vegetable regardless of where you purchased or gathered.
- Wash and scrub with clean running water.
- Cook, boil or steam at or above 165 degrees, snails, crabs,frogs, prawns, shrimp and opae.
- Do not slice into produce until after it has been thoroughly cleaned.
- We recommend that all curly kale be cooked or baked.
- Hard freeze fruits and peeled bananas.
- Drink only filtered potable water.
- Do not drink unfiltered catchment water.
- Do not drink from hose valves.
- Wash cutting surfaces daily, regularly clean reuseable produce bags.
- If in doubt, throw it out.
- Wash pet bowls regularly and bring them inside at night to protect from slug infestation.
Saturday is ‘set a trap day’
Sunday is ‘check the traps day’
Monday is ‘share the news day’
Tuesday is ‘prep the food day’
Wednesday is ‘hide-n-seek day’